Slab Leak Detection & Repair in Evansville IN
Dealing with a plumbing issue should typically be done by trained professionals. If you think you have higher than normal water bills because of a slab leak in your home, this should be confirmed. The staff at Baylor Heating & Air Conditioning in Evansville, Indiana has the experience and the expertise to assist you with finding and fixing this plumbing issue in your home. We have been business for over 30 years and know our success is simply a result of pleasing each and every one of our customers.
They were very nice and respectful of our customers
Symptoms of a Slab Leak
If you think you are being charged for too much water usage, this could be your first indication that you have a slab leak that needs addressing. However, there are many other causes of this plumbing problem in your home. Here are some common signs to look for:
- A hot area of your flooring could be a sign that you may have a hot water slab leak.
- Hearing the sound of running water through your pipes is a sign you may have a leak.
- Are there water spots on any part of the flooring of your home?
- Do you see puddles of standing water anywhere around your property?
Our professional and well-trained staff can look for the source and then begin to treat it for you.
Early Leak Detection – Preventive Plumbing
By staying alert to plumbing leaks in your home, you can save quite a bit of money on extensive repairs. In severe cases, early leak detection could even save your home. Leaks can cause serious damage. If water seeps into the foundation, your home could sink into the soil underneath.
With all this in mind, you can understand the importance of preventative plumbing. By regularly inspecting the pipes, tightening loose fixtures, and cleaning the drains, you can avoid overworking the entire system. Furthermore, you can make sure that the system still works as intended. Thankfully, plumbing technology has advanced exponentially over the years. It’s easier than ever to detect the source of a leak – even in your home’s slab. If we catch the problem early, our expert technicians can act fast and prevent worsening conditions. If you suspect any trouble with your plumbing system, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Baylor, Inc.
How to Detect a Slab Leak
A single water leak in your home can quickly turn into a severe plumbing problem. A slab leak, on the other hand, is already a serious issue that needs to be taken care of promptly. At Baylor Inc., we provide comprehensive slab leak detection and repair services.
You can detect a slab leak by watching for the following common symptoms:
- The sound of water running without a faucet operating
- A spinning water meter
- Cracks in walls or flooring
- Mildew or moisture under the carpeting or flooring
- Sewage smells
- Bug problems, accompanied by ground moisture
- A high monthly water bill
If you notice any of these issues, you should call a professional service provider promptly. By acting fast, you can prevent further damage to your home.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
A slab leak is a severe plumbing problem to have in your home. Even the most insignificant-seeming of these leaks can cause considerable damage that will require expensive repair. If left unattended, a slab leak may even cause the soil under your foundation to sink.
Most slab leaks occur due to the following issues:
- Improper construction – This is the most common cause of a slab leak. If a water pipe was bent or dented during construction, the affected area might begin to corrode and form leaks in the slab.
- High water pressure – Excessively high water pressure in your home can cause a pipe in the foundation to burst, flooding the soil and, potentially, your basement.
- Abrasion – Through heavy use, the pipes may rub against concrete or gravel, which weakens the material. The eroded portion of the pipe may then spring a leak.