We Make Your Home Healthy in Evansville, IN, and the Surrounding Area
As a homeowner, you likely spend a decent amount of time making sure the people living in your house are as healthy and safe as possible. But do you put the same efforts into the house itself?
Baylor Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers products and services to make your home healthy in Evansville, IN and the surrounding area.
What is a Healthy Home?
According to the National Center for Healthy Housing, the definition of a healthy home is “housing that is designed, constructed, maintained, and rehabilitated in a manner that is conducive to good occupant health.”
Whether you are in need of ventilation systems, air purifiers, or aren’t sure where to start, Baylor is here to help!
Some of the healthy home products and services we offer include:
- Fresh air intake
- UV light air purifiers
- Exhaust fans
- Bathroom vents
- Dryer vents
- Water filtration
- Air purifiers
The Seven Principles of a Healthy Home
“Healthy homes” prevent disease and injury for individuals as well as help to maintain the integrity of your home itself. There are many ways to improve the health of your home. The following list of Seven Principles of a Healthy Home is a great place to start.
- Keep your home dry. Promptly address any leaks or cracks in the home from places such as the roof, basement, and plumbing systems.
- Clean regularly. Excess dust and debris in the home can potentially lead to serious health issues such as asthma. Clean regularly, making sure to reduce clutter and wipe smooth surfaces frequently.
- Keep an eye on safety. Be sure poisons, harsh chemicals, and sharp objects are well beyond reach of children in the home. You should also install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, and make sure to have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of emergency.
- Be sure the home is well-ventilated. Use vents in your bathroom and kitchen, or install whole house ventilation systems to supply fresh air to the home regularly and help reduce the buildup of contaminants indoors.
- Reduce the risk of pests. Pests have the same basic needs as humans: food, water, and shelter. To reduce the risk of pests taking up residence in your home, seal cracks and openings and store food (including pet food) in lockable, pest-resistant containers.
- Reduce contaminants. Homes built prior to 1978 should be tested for lead paints. Homeowners should also test for radon, a ground-level gas that enters homes through crawl spaces, soil, and foundation cracks. (If radon is found, install a radon removal system.)
- Keep up with routine maintenance. Small issues have the potential to become large problems if left unaddressed. Homeowners should inspect, clean, and perform routine maintenance checklist items regularly to avoid the need for major projects.
Why Choose Us
Baylor Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing prides ourselves on providing the best solutions and customer service in Evansville, IN and the surrounding areas. Our team is highly trained and experienced, offering impeccable performance from start to finish. We have been consistently rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, with 24/7 emergency repair available 365 days a year for whenever our customers need us most.