So many of us rely on air conditioners to keep our homes and businesses cool and comfortable in the heat of the summer. When your AC isn’t working properly, it’s more than just as hassle. It can also lead to frustrations and even health issues for those who rely on cooler air to keep certain health conditions, such as asthma, sinus issues, and allergies, at bay.
Common AC issues
If your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, here are a few things to check for:
- Be sure your air filter isn’t clogged. This is perhaps the easiest fix for a faulty air conditioner. If your air filter is blocking airflow, the AC unit won’t be able to work properly. Simply replacing the air filter or cleaning it can solve your problem quickly and relatively inexpensively.
- Make sure your power source is functioning properly. Something as simple as a tripped breaker can go undetected and lead to your air conditioner unit not working. In this case, a simple switch of the breaker should fix the problem.
- If your air conditioner is frequently tripping the breaker, however, you will likely want to consider a professional visit for AC maintenance, where we can take a look at any adjustments that might need to be made to solve the issue.
- Blocked or damaged duct. It’s possible that the AC is doing its job but the cool air isn’t making it to the vent in the room. If visible, check the ductwork for holes or other signs of damage. You may also need the ducts cleaned to improve airflow and air quality.
- Low refrigerant level. Refrigerant is crucial for pulling warm air out of your home. Since it’s a closed system, the refrigerant shouldn’t run out like gasoline in your car. If the level is low, it’s most likely due to a leak. An HVAC technician will be able to identify and fix a low refrigerant level.
Air conditioning service in Evansville, IN
If these four things are all seemingly in tip-top shape and your air conditioner is still failing to produce cold air, there are likely larger problems at hand. Call our team at Baylor Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. for professional troubleshooting and services. Schedule an appointment today at (812) 425-8435.