Every once in a while, we all encounter situations that leave us wondering if the matter is something we can remedy ourselves or whether we need professional advice or assistance. You know, like when your child wakes up with a mysterious fever. Or when your car starts making some kind of weird noise.
A common conflict among home owners is when to call a plumber vs. first trying to fix something yourself. And, while this might surprise you with us being a plumbing company and all, we encourage the DIY spirit that each of us has to some degree or another. So if you have the time, a little skill, and the right tools, go ahead and give it a whirl.
At the same time, certain situations definitely require the help of a professional plumber, and here are just a few of them:
- A water pipe is frozen. If you’ve never experienced this winter time nightmare, consider yourself lucky. A frozen pipe can crack or burst, leaving you with a big mess on your hands and a potentially costly repair.
- You’re standing in ankle-deep water. The first thing you want to do is shut off your main water valve just in case the cause of the flooding is a pipe leak. Then pick up the phone and call us.
- You notice water around your hot water heater. A leaky hot water heater typically indicates a cracked tank. It might be time for a new hot water heater.
- You need to move or install a gas line. Some things are best left to the pros, and this is definitely one of them.
- A stubborn clog won’t clear. Whether it’s a toilet, sink, or bathtub, a recurring or stubborn clog could be a sign of a bigger problem within the pipes. When the hot water and plunger method doesn’t work, we have the tools, experience, and know-how to get the job done for you.
At Baylor Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we view ourselves primarily as problem solvers and stress relievers. So if you have a plumbing problem that just won’t go away, give us a call for prompt and immediate action, and with your satisfaction guaranteed.