Everyone gets ready for summer in different ways. Some people start exercising more to get their “swimsuit body.” Some start planning family picnics or vacations. But one thing everyone should have on their summer preparation check-list is scheduling a tune-up for their home air conditioning system.
Most likely, your air conditioning has been sitting idle for a handful of months. Before the temperature gets uncomfortable and you need to turn the AC on, it’s a good idea to have a professional clean and inspect the entire system.
Benefits of regular air conditioning maintenance
As the saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” It’s true for your personal health – as well as for the well-being of your HVAC system. An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive review of the entire AC system to make sure it’s ready to perform all summer long. Preventative maintenance on your AC can also help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
Here are more benefits of an AC tune-up:
- Prevents major mechanical issues or breakdowns
- Improves the efficiency of the system
- Minimizes your monthly energy costs
- Helps the system maintain peak performance – meaning your home is cool and comfortable, just how you like it
- Maximizes the service life of your air conditioning
What’s included in a professional AC tune-up
Since air conditioning systems are complex, there are some maintenance tasks that are not advisable for DIY homeowners. It’s smarter and safer to leave them to a licensed HVAC technician who has the right tools and knowledge.
When it comes to getting your air conditioning ready for the summer, a professional tune-up appointment should include a few standard checks:
- Cleaning the condenser coils to improve efficiency and prevent wear and tear
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Inspecting coolant levels, and adding some if necessary
- Checking that the thermostat is calibrated and working properly
- Visually inspecting the ducts to identify damage, blockages, or leaks
- Confirming that all electrical connections are tight
- Testing the blower motor
- Evaluating the condition of the blower belt
- Cleaning or replacing air filter
Professional AC tune-up in Evansville, IN
Summer will be here before you know it. Make sure that your air conditioning is prepared for the next few months. Having an AC tune-up is a smart investment and can save you money in the long run.